Noticed during some longer games I’ve played with the mod that there’s a bunch of missing strings, looking to fix them all in the next update. As for new content, I’ve done a few skyboxes including the Horsehead Nebula, Orion Nebula and the Helix Nebula.
As for other fixes I’m still resizing the particle effects one by one. It’s only a small content addon which I’m taking my time to finish.
A few days late with this post but Infinite Space 1.02 is out! It’s fully compatible with Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v1.1, all maps are playable, fixed a few minidumps, added some more tweaks etc..
EDIT: There was a problem with the unscaled versions which minidumped the moment you tried to enable the mod, tis has now been fixed and the archive has been updated so you might want to redownload the file again if you want to play the unscaled version.
EDIT 2: Don’t forget to vote Mod of the Year 2012 & Review the mod on ModDb, Thanks!
Get it here:
This weekend Infinite Space will be released, it’ll be fully compatible with Rebellion 1.1:
- 2 new carbon planet textures
- Slightly modified planet glow effect
- Competitive maps will now show the Infinite Space planet icons instead of the vanilla ones
- Competitive maps only have vanilla planet types (Terran, Volcanic, Ice, Desert and Gas) but will use new textures.
- More resized particle effects
- Re-added some vanilla Rebellion skyboxes
On another note, please vote for Infinite Space as Mod of the Year! Thanks!
I’ve seen some people having issues with the current release + patch, causing it the game to minidump.
Wenever you have a minidump, report them to me (what you are doing, how many players, faction, etc etc..) so I can have a look, I’ve done a test game on a 10 player map and did not have a minidump after about 2 hrs.
UPDATE: Minidump was due to a missing file in the entity manifest and will be fixed in version 1.02 coming this weekend (30/11)!
A day after the release of Infinite Space 1.01 a patch was released to update 1.041 to 1.1 which included some new maps and could not be played because of the mod has not listed these maps in the galaxy.manifest.
This patch fixes a few things:
- All maps from 1.1 are playable
- Fixed missing strings
- Some adjustments to the main menu screen
Please note if you play competitive maps, the planets from Infinite Space are NOT included, did not have the time to make templates for the competative maps.
How to install:
- Download the patch
- Unpack the contents of the patch in the Infinite Space mod folder
- Overwrite the files when prompted.
Et voila, enjoy!
Here it is, Infinite Space 1.01!
There was some delay with the release due to real life problems, but here it is, and in my opinion it’s my best update I’ve done!
Here’s a small list of the things that are new/modified (could be it’s not complete, do not remember all of it out of my head):
- Main menu is modified
- Orbiting moons (eye-candy only!)
- New planet textures (Terran, Carbon, Hydrocarbon, 6 in total)
- More homeplanet textures + night side textures (9 in total)
- New planet type: Ice Giant
- Gas and ice giants can now be colonized (requires tier 5 research)
- New planet bonus for gas/ice giants: Voxylium, a super rare gas attracting huge bussinesses
- All planet bonusses have icons now
- New orange star
- No more green stars (changed to white)
- New in-system icon for stars
- New multi-system icon for stars
- Modified lens flare effect, looks better now
- Fixed a glitch with a blue skybox giving a green glow to units (thanks GoaFan!)
- All starbases have minor anti-fighter capabilities now to counter small bomber attacks
- Capital carriers have a total of 12 squadrons instead of 10
- Advent capital carriers now have mines
- Added a sound mod
Here’s the download link for the mod, or just visit my downloads page:
Version 1.01 is almost ready for release, most things like moons, gas giants, new icons are added, only have to add a few more textures for existing planet types so there’s even more variation including: Terran, Carbon and Hydrocarbon.
Check out the updated readme for all the changes.
Also updated the About and Downloads page so it has up to date information.
Keeping you guys posted!